If you are planning to exercise in hot or humid weather, there are a few things that you will need to keep in mind. Exercising itself is healthy but doing so when temperatures reach 90 degrees or higher can be dangerous. If you are insistent on working out outdoors, here are a few tips that will help you to protect yourself from overheating and possibly face critical medical issues.
1. Exercise early in the morning or late at night. Exercising when the sun is at its highest is just asking for trouble. If you are going to exercise outside, do so when the sun is coolest. This occurs during early morning or just before sundown. Avoid exercising from noon until around 4 pm.
2. Drink plenty of water. This is crucial to your health. You should be drinking at least eight glasses of water each day for optimal health anyway but if you are working out during a heat wave you need to add at least two more glasses each day. Anytime that you are walking outdoors or doing any outdoor activity during hot weather, be sure that you have a bottle of water nearby. Not only will this protect you from heat exhaustion and other illnesses, drinking water every day is just a good way to stay healthy.
3. Take a few breaks. If you normally give yourself a five minute break between exercises when working out, take another or two. You have to have time to rest, particularly on hot days. Find a shady area and sit down for five or ten minutes. The main thing to remember is that your body will tell you when it is time to rest. You should listen to it. There is nothing wrong with taking a short break and allowing yourself to re-energize before continuing your workout.
This article was written by Physio Room, the world’s leading sports injury website, providing education, features and products related to sports injuries and sports medicine.
People struggle every day to lose weight. Many try with dieting alone while others incorporate exercise into the mix. If you have been trying to lose weight without success, there are a few things that you should consider. You want to be certain to lose weight in a healthy way to protect your general health and to ensure that you do not quickly gain back the weight that you have lost. Use the following tips to help you to drop those unwanted pounds and keep them off.
1. Know how much weight is safe to lose. This is extremely important as you could cause yourself to become unhealthy by losing too much weight too quickly. Measure your waist and calculate your BMI or Body Mass Index. Learn what numbers are healthy for you. What should you weigh based on your body type and height? This is an important number to know before you begin.
2. Eat more. This may sound strange considering you are attempting to lose weight but studies have shown that people who eat more frequently tend to lose more weight. Eating frequently keeps your blood sugar at a stable level and gives you the energy that you need for those workouts.
3. Don’t diet, make a lifestyle change. The most successful weight loss experiences are by those who choose to change the way that they eat forever. This does not mean that you cannot have another burger or ice cream sundae ever again. It simply means that you will begin to make healthier choices as a general rule. Add fruits and vegetables to your plate and avoid fatty foods as much as possible.
4. Remember to lose safely. Doctors agree that one to two pounds each week is a safe amount to lose. If you want to keep your weight off, you will need to lose it safely. Keep in mind that depending on how much you weigh now, you could lose more than two pounds for the first few weeks. After that, you should stabilize at a couple of pounds per week until you reach your goal weight.
5. Drink Water. This is a very important step. Water will keep your system cleaned out and promote overall good health. It will also help to flush impurities from your system and aids in weight loss. Drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water each day and add a few extra glasses on the days that you exercise.
Bedingfield working out in a gym during the first scene of the music video. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
It is time to shed the sleeves and break out the shorts. Summer is fast approaching and it may just be time to shed a little unwanted extra winter baggage, or just tighten up the whole package. Getting started is the hardest part, and using your mobile phone can help get the results you want. There are many different ways to use your LG cell phones throughout your entire plan.
Working out does not have to be a chore. While it may be a little difficult to get started, once you shed a few pounds or drop a pant size, motivation will be your middle name. Your cell phone can even help keep you motivated, as well as keep track of all your fitness needs.
– A healthier you. The best way to start is to set a goal, not a huge goal, but an attainable one. You can use your cell phone to check your BMI (body mass index) and see if it is a healthy one. If not, find one that is and that can be your target. You can download an app to your phone and keep track of your progress. Seeing results is a huge motivator to keep going.
– Planning a diet. If it is some excess winter poundage you wish to shed, planning a healthy diet that you can stick to and that will work for you is very important. You can use your cell phone for that too. You can look up what your calorie counts should be for the day, plan the foods you are going to eat for the day, the week or even the month, and put it in your phone. Everyday is right there, giving you less chance to sway from your plan or take a little detour to the sweet shop.
– Workouts. Your workout routine should be one that challenges you and works up a sweat, but is not too taxing on your body or your mind, so that you will want to work out regularly. Changing up your routine is a great way to stay motivated. Do the cardio one day, the toning and sculpting another. Plugging a workout for each day into your cell phone will give you the variety you need, and no chance to say “I’ll do that tomorrow.” Your workout can even be recorded on your phone, or set to your favorite music, whatever makes it work for you.
– General fitness. Being fit includes your whole body and your attitude. Using your cell phone to keep track of your fitness journey is easy, compact and will work with your everyday life, not matter how much time you have, or how busy you are.
Cell phones are no longer just for making a quick call. Since most people have a cell phone on them at all times, why not use it for what you need most?